RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated content such as news releases, blog entries, and other dynamic information.
RSS makes it possible for you to keep up with OIC website updates in an automated manner that can be read using an RSS Reader. Once you have an RSS Reader, click on the appropriate RSS link, copy the URL and paste it into your RSS Reader or click an RSS icon to initiate the automated subscription process. Simply subscribe to one of the feeds below, and your reader will automatically retrieve updates from the OIC as they are posted.
Instructions on Adding a News Feed to Your Feed Reader or RSS Aggregator
- Using your mouse, right click on the RSS feed above you would like to subscribe to.
- The pop-up menu that appears will vary based on your web browser.
- Internet Explorer users select the "Copy Shortcut" option.
- Users of Firefox, Netscape, Opera and other web browsers select the "Copy Link Location" option.
- Launch your RSS aggregator or feed reader program and paste the copied URL into an "Add New Feed" window.
Detailed instructions on how to add news feeds are included in the news reader application that you choose. When news releases are issued to the Office Information Commissioner of Canada media room, you will be alerted by your aggregator. The aggregator will advise you of recently posted news releases when opened. No personal information is required to subscribe to an RSS feed.
RSS aggregators / Feeds reader
There are various RSS aggregators / feed readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet.
Office of the Information Commissioner RSS Feeds:
- Date modified: